• 1. I want to move to Canada. Where do I start?

    Many people are clueless where to begin. You may have to start looking for someone who can help you to evaluate your profile and see which immigration program is good for you. Sometimes an individual can qualify for more than one immigration program. It is important to assess all possibilities and select the most promising immigration pathway, which requires a lot of professional guidance and expert help.

  • 2. Which immigration programs can I apply for?

    There are three broad categories or routes to obtaining permanent residence: the economic class, the family class and the refugee category. There are more than 60 immigration programs offered by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). In order to start your immigration process, you first need to assess whether you qualify for any immigration program and then see whether you are a good fit for a chosen immigration pathway. This needs expert knowledge and guidance as there can be a number of requirements and obligations, which is why you must hire a legal representative who is licensed by the Canadian Government in immigration law.

  • 3. What is the most suitable immigration program for me?

    In order to answer this question, we need to know more about you and evaluate your specific case profile. As mentioned earlier, there are a plethora of visas and programs available for immigration to Canada. Depending on your specific details and requirements, our experienced Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCIC) will evaluate your profile during the initial assessment process. Then I will recommend the best immigration route suited for you and your family. Upon completion of the assessment, we will assist you with the preparation and submission of the required applications for your immigration to Canada.

  • 4. How easy is it to immigrate to Canada?

    Migrating to Canada will depend on the completeness and correctness of your application. Any flaw, misrepresentation, error or omission can land you in trouble. It is commonly observed that individuals often get confused in understanding complex eligibility processes, application content, fund requirements or fall short on attaching the requisite documents. This leads to delays/ rejections. To avoid such a scenario, it is always a good idea to have an immigration consultant look into the application and guide you at every step. It will make it way easier than if you would have done it all alone.

  • 5. How to immigrate to Canada as a family?

    Your family may be able to immigrate with you to Canada if they are processed for PR as your dependents. This includes:

    • Spouse or common-law partner
    • Dependent child
    • Your spouse or common-law partner’s dependent child
    • A dependent child of a dependent child
    Note: Your dependents are not permitted to arrive in Canada before you. Family sponsorship program - You can also sponsor eligible family members through the Family sponsorship program. This allows family members to live, work, and study in Canada. As a sponsor, you need to prove you will:
    • Meet basic needs of food, shelter, and clothing for your family member
    • Be able to support the family member financially for a period of time
    • Not be receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability

  • 6. Is it difficult to be sponsored for permanent residence by a family member?

    Only certain family members can be sponsored for Canadian permanent residence: spouses, common law and conjugal partners, parents and grandparents, and dependent children. Siblings cannot be sponsored for permanent residence directly, but if they are under 22 years of age then can accompany sponsored parents.

  • 7. How much funds do I need to immigrate to Canada?

    This will depend on the process you are eligible to apply to; many processes will need settlement funds to show. Potential immigrants require proving that they have a certain amount of funds, in order to qualify without a job offer, in the Express Entry- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) or Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP). Settlement funds are not compulsory for individuals applying under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) and those with a valid job offer. The amount of settlement funds depends on the size of the applicant’s family, as disclosed on the application. According to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), the following family members can be included on an application for Canadian permanent residence:

    • the principal applicant;
    • the applicant’s spouse or partner;
    • the applicant’s dependent children; and
    • the applicant’s spouse’s dependent children.
    NOTE: It is important to include spouse and dependent children in the application even if they are already permanent residents or Canadian citizens, or if they are not coming to Canada with the applicant. We will inform you of the exact amount of settlement funds that need to be shown (if applicable) when you are a client.

  • 8. How much money should I bring to Canada with me?

    Research how much it costs to live in the place where you plan to settle in Canada. Bring as much money as you can. This will make moving and finding a home in Canada easier. When you arrive in Canada, you have to tell the border officer if you're bringing more than CAN$10,000 into Canada. If you don't tell them, you may be fined, and your funds could be seized. This includes:

    • cash
    • documents that show property or capital payable to you, such as:
    • stocks
    • bonds
    • debentures
    • treasury bills
    • documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you, such as:
    • banker's drafts
    • cheques
    • money orders
    • travellers’ cheques

  • 9. Are there any benefits of having relatives in Canada?

    In some programs, points are given for having close family members/ relatives in Canada, if they are citizens or permanent residents. These have to be first degree blood relations, such as parents and siblings or second degree blood relations such as grandparents and grandchildren.

  • 10. What is the law with regard to the medical exam?

    An applicant and all persons on the application must undergo medical examinations in order to apply for a visa. The Canadian government takes great care of its people and wishes to discourage any burden on its medical system. Therefore, applicants are required to undergo medical exams. If you have any healthcare issues, you are required to disclose them. If you apply to come to Canada, you need to meet all inadmissibility rules to be allowed to enter the country. This includes medical inadmissibility. Medical inadmissibility affects anyone applying to visit, study, work or live permanently in Canada.

  • 11. What are the requirements regarding a Police Clearance Certificate?

    The Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) is a requirement for all applicants aged 18 and above. The law requires a police certificate from every country in which the applicant had lived for more than six months. Mostly, when you apply to become a permanent resident of Canada, you and your family members need to get a police certificate. In some cases, tourists, students, temporary workers, caregivers coming to Canada may also require depositing a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC).

  • 12. How can I become a Permanent Resident?

    It is not the question of “how to become a permanent resident of Canada?” but “Do I qualify to become a Permanent Resident in Canada?” The prospects of immigrating differ from candidate to candidate. The first step is to find the stream under which an individual qualifies. Immigration Canada has a number of immigration streams based on qualifying dynamics such as age, education, work experience, language skills as well as ties to Canada.

  • 13. What benefits do I have if I am a permanent resident of Canada?

    Canadian permanent residents and their dependents can: 1) receive social and economic benefits just like Canadian citizens, such as Canadian health care, Child benefits, government relief funds, Employee Insurance etc. 2) live, work and study in any Canadian province or territory. They can also get provincial or federal funding for education. 3) apply for Canadian citizenship, after meeting all the required conditions 4) enjoy protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms There are just these exceptions that Permanent Residents cannot perform in Canada:

    • Permanent residents cannot vote;
    • Permanent residents cannot hold a Canadian passport; and
    • Permanent residents can be deported for criminal convictions.

  • 14. I do not want to live in Canada immediately after PR. Can I do that?

    After receiving your COPR, you must enter Canada before or on the expiry date shown on your COPR. When you arrive in Canada, you’ll receive your PR card and can apply for health cards, driving licenses, bank accounts etc. Once you become a permanent resident of Canada, you can remain outside of Canada for up to three (3) years within any five (5) year period without being deemed to have abandoned your Canadian Permanent Residence.

  • 15. How long does it take to get a permanent residence visa to immigrate to Canada?

    Each application is different and takes a different amount of time to process. We can give you an estimate, based on your application type.

  • 16. Will the Canadian immigration authorities or embassy help me to prepare my application and make sure that everything is correct before applying?

    No. The IRCC or the Govt of Canada or any affiliated agencies are unable to provide advice and personalized assistance and certainly do not help in filing or preparing your application. These bodies ensure adherence to immigration laws and policies, rules of residence applications and matters of residence visas. An RCIC Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant can provide this sort of service.

  • 17. Can the immigration authorities refuse my application?

    Yes. Many applicants are unaware how strictly the immigration regulations are enforced and are unnecessarily refused or delayed due to technical errors on their application or by submitting the wrong supporting documentation. It is therefore recommended to consider seeking the professional guidance and independent advice of a RCIC Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant before lodging an application for residence. Consultants exist to help you find the best way through the immigration maze and are highly effective at doing so.

  • 18. What may cause my application to be refused?

    Applications can be refused for a number of reasons. It may be that an applicant does not qualify in the immigration category in which they applied. Or, it may be that they have a criminal history or serious health issue. Contact us to find out if there are obstacles in your immigration application, and how to overcome them.

  • 19. How do I apply for a PR card when I get a PR?

    A permanent resident (PR) card is official proof of your status as a permanent resident in Canada. New permanent residents automatically receive their PR cards by mail when they first arrive at the address listed on the documents filled out by the Canadian border officials when they first land in Canada. This is part of the immigration process and you do not need to apply for a PR Card. It usually takes three to four months for your first PR card to arrive by mail. It is helpful (but not mandatory) to have a Canadian address ready to share with the officer at the border – this is for the delivery of your PR card. If you move to another location in Canada before your PR card arrives, be sure to inform Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) about your address change.

  • 20. How do I get Canadian citizenship?

    In order to be eligible for Canadian citizenship, you must:

    • Be a permanent resident
    • You must have been physically present in Canada for at least 1,095 days (three years).
    • Filed your taxes for at least three years
    • Pass a citizenship test
    • Prove your language skills in English or French
    • Not have a criminal record