Prepare and complete your application for PR Card renewal or replacement today! 

We, at Global Grid Immigration, can assist you if you:

  • did not receive your card within 180 days of immigrating,
  • are renewing your card,
  • are replacing a lost, stolen or damaged card, or
  • are changing your gender designation on your card.
  • are changing the name on your PR card to reclaim your Indigenous name

We are Fast, Easy and Professional. Let us help you complete your application today!

Who is Eligible for a PR Card Renewal?

Individuals eligible to apply for Permanent Resident Card renewal must be permanent residents within Canada who would like to apply for:

  • an initial (first) PR Card
  • renewal of a PR Card that has or will soon expire or
  • replacement of a PR Card that has been lost, stolen or damaged.

Eligibility Criteria for a Permanent Resident Card:

The applicant

  • must be a permanent resident of Canada
  • must be physically present in Canada
  • should not be under an effective removal order
  • should not be a Canadian citizen or a registered Indian under the Indian Act, and
  • should not be convicted of an offense related to the misuse of a Permanent Resident Card.

Apply Today with our Expert Immigration Team

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

  • 1. I am a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a permanent resident card?

    No, IRCC will mail your permanent resident (PR) card to you when you arrive in Canada. If you did not provide your Canadian mailing address when you became a permanent resident, you can update it later but it is always advisable to provide a trusted address at the point of entry.

  • 2. What if I fail to update my address after arrival in Canada?

    You must provide your address within 180 days of the day you become a permanent resident. If you do not send it within 180 days, IRCC will cancel the PR card and you will have to apply for another one and pay the processing fees.

  • 3. I need to leave Canada and I do not have a permanent resident card. Can I later return to Canada without a PR card?

    You need a valid permanent resident (PR) card to return to Canada by plane, train, bus or boat. If you know your card will expire when you’re travelling, you must renew it before you leave. You can only renew your card in Canada. IRCC does not send PR cards to non-Canadian addresses and doesn't allow third parties to get them for you. If you’re outside Canada and don’t have a valid PR card, we can apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) for you to return to Canada. You can only apply for a PRTD from outside Canada. If you try to return to Canada without a PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to take your flight, train, bus or boat to Canada.